[tor-dev] DNS-over-HTTPS (DOH) in Firefox/Torbrowser

nusenu nusenu-lists at riseup.net
Sat May 19 16:39:00 UTC 2018

Hi,

since Mozilla did tests [0] on DOH [1] in Firefox I was wondering
if Torbrowser developers have put any thought into that as well?

Note: I'm _not_ suggesting to use DOH in torbrowser I'm just asking because
the answer probably matters for exit documentation in the relay guide
if clients do DNS themselves over TCP connections instead of relying on the exit
(even if torbrowser is not the only tor client).

thanks,
nusenu

[0] https://www.ghacks.net/2018/03/20/firefox-dns-over-https-and-a-worrying-shield-study/
[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hoffman-dns-over-https/