[tor-dev] Proposal: Tor bandwidth measurements document format

Iain Learmonth irl at torproject.org
Wed May 2 09:18:28 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 02/05/18 09:59, teor wrote:
> Let's use:
> Tor Bandwidth List Format

As we are already using this for the directory lists, I think this makes
sense as a name for the format.

> "Measurements Results" describes how the bandwidths are created by
some generators. But a generator that believes self-reported results
doesn't measure, it just aggregates. (As does a peerflow-style generator.)

I'm not sure I understand this. Are you saying that the format will be
used to aggregate results that are collected? In this case, I think the
results can still be called results in that they correspond to an active
measurement of a relay and have a value.

Thanks,
Iain.