[tor-dev] Connections failed to default obfs4 bridges

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Wed Mar 28 18:16:20 UTC 2018

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 10:57:13AM -0400, Rob Jansen wrote:
> Is this a feature, like some of them only respond to users in certain parts of the world? Or is this a bug, like the default list of bridges refers to old bridges that are no longer available? Or am I misunderstanding functionality here?

In general it's a bug. We don't have any fancy "only listen to this but
not that" logic in those bridges.

I would totally believe that some of them are down by now. We need to
do two things better: (a) monitor how they're doing, and (b) reach out
to the operators when they go down, so the operators can fix them or so
we can take them out of the next Tor Browser.

I think 'b' is where we've been falling down lately.

Maybe we should add this topic to the plate for the upcoming relay
advocate.

--Roger