[tor-dev] Connections failed to default obfs4 bridges

Rob Jansen rob.g.jansen at nrl.navy.mil
Wed Mar 28 14:57:13 UTC 2018

Hi,

In a recent connectivity test to the default obfs4 bridges [0], we found that we are unable to connect to 10 or so of them (from open networks, i.e., no local filtering).

Is this a feature, like some of them only respond to users in certain parts of the world? Or is this a bug, like the default list of bridges refers to old bridges that are no longer available? Or am I misunderstanding functionality here?

Thanks!
Rob

[0] https://gitweb.torproject.org/builders/tor-browser-bundle.git/tree/Bundle-Data/PTConfigs/bridge_prefs.js