[tor-dev] The case for Tor-over-QUIC

Fabio Pietrosanti - Lists lists at infosecurity.ch
Mon Mar 26 09:52:46 UTC 2018

I would like to add and advocate that, whatever a network protocol
upgrade will be done, Tor should starts supporting NAT traversal for
it's relay, enabling users to contribute also without a "public ip
address" .

Enabling NATted users to become Tor Relay would increase the baseline of
contributors.

Protocols for NAT Traversal are used since +10 years in VoIP network
stacks successfully:

ICE - Internet Connectivity Establishment

https://www.ietfjournal.org/interactive-connectivity-establishment/

NAT Traversal Practices for Client-Server SIPĀ

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6314

Fabio