[tor-dev] More on Fingerprinting Unlinkability ~ Summer of Privacy

Vafa Andalibi vafandal at iu.edu
Thu Jun 14 23:14:07 UTC 2018

Hello Everyone!

I’m Vafa and I’m happy to announce that I’m going to work on a project
related to Cross-Origin Fingerprinting Unlinkability in Tor Summer of
Privacy (late arrival!), this would be my first contribution to the great
Tor project and I will i will try my best to do it well.

In this project I’m going to use the results of one of my previous works
about web-based browser fingerprinting and I hope that I would be able to
extend and employ that to possibly address an issue, i.e. possible
paradoxical configurations, regarding sophisticated randomization in the
attributes and properties the uniforming of which are difficult.

My previously implemented tool [1] builds a model over (semi)-legitimate
database of browser fingerprinting and uses this model in three different
modes, all of which might come handy or be a good start for this project.

In this project, Arthur is going to be my mentor, and the above-mentioned
previous work was under supervision of Prof. Jean Camp. I would be happy to
answer further questions and discuss things that are (un)intentionally
omitted here.

Cheers!

[1] http://paradoxcatcher.readthedocs.io/en/latest/