[tor-dev] Debug or a high level of logging still present when using obfs4 bridges

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Tue Jun 5 16:00:02 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jun 05, 2018 at 01:19:00PM +0000, President Camacho wrote:
> Debug or a high level of logging still present in
> /var/log/tor/log - when using obf4 (or whatever) bridges
>[...]
> The logging is crazy and consumes several MB per session.
>
> ** I have not tested this with plain Tor and/or TBB outside of Tails.

Well, it definitely won't happen with plain Tor, because Tor only logs
to a file when you configure it to log to a file. Similarly, Tor Browser
does not log to a file by default either.

So the first thing to look at is: what is setting your log lines? Is it
something in the Tails configuration?

--Roger