[tor-dev] Entreaty for spreading awareness about ProxAllium, a useful frontend for Tor

Damon (TheDcoder) TheDcoder at protonmail.com
Sun Jul 29 15:54:10 UTC 2018

I apologize for the late reply, I got busy with work and I had to sort
out some things related to ProxAllium.

> People can't be forced to use or comment.
>
> Yet if it's a tool that interacts with tor or the ecosystem
> of tor tools, post up an announce and feedback request
> to tor-talk and see.

True, thank you for the suggestion, I will try posting a suggestion
on the tor-talk mailing list and request any feedback and comments.

I am also planning to discontinue the AutoIt based binaries in the later
major releases, so this will be the last one to feature some improvements,
any major suggestions will be added to my checklist for the future version.

> When you do, try to wrap your lines at around 72 chars.

Will do :)

> Some projects that are interested in reproducibility
> choose to document exceptions. So long as the diffs
> don't actually do anything, and aren't a huge mess,
> potential users checking reproducibility can cross
> them out of the diffs they see on their end.

Unfortunately due to the nature of how tokenization works (script code
is pseudo-encrypted by a randomly chosen cipher) the whole output will
differ from each build (the interpreter excepted). There is currently no
known workaround to build reproducible binaries/executables in AutoIt.

I plan to address this issue in the re-write.

With Regards, Damon H. (TheDcoder)

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.