[tor-dev] Entreaty for spreading awareness about ProxAllium, a useful frontend for Tor

Damon (TheDcoder) TheDcoder at protonmail.com
Sun Jul 22 15:02:20 UTC 2018

Thanks for the reply grarpamp!

> People are free to create their own wiki account and add descriptions
> and links to their tools / projects on the relavant wiki pages.

I already have an account in Trac, however I was worried that editing the wiki to mention the appropriate tools would potentially count as advertising, so I didn't consider it before...

> You probably want to go a few cycles of feedback and development
> with users on the wiki and the tor-talk / tor-relays lists before ready
> to having it appear on website "projects" list.

I agree, but I am not sure where I should start with getting feedback as it is quite hard to find users of ProxAllium.

> Projects that distribute binaries should of course be open source,
> and reproducible per build instructions included with their source.

This is also one of the cons of the programming language I am using (AutoIt) to develop ProxAllium. AutoIt uses tokenization during compilation which adds random data to the binary thus making it impossible to have reproducible builds.

​With Regards, Damon H. (TheDcoder)

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.​