[tor-dev] Proposal: Expose raw bwauth votes

Iain Learmonth irl at torproject.org
Mon Jul 16 08:03:38 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 16/07/18 04:12, teor wrote:
> It MUST NOT attempt to send its bandwidth list file in a HTTP POST to
> other authorities and it SHOULD NOT make bandwidth list files from other
> authorities available.

There is no mechanism specified that could be used to send this file via
an HTTP POST. There is also no mechanism to make available bandwidth
list files from other authorities specified. I wonder if this paragraph
has to be here.

I can also see a future where, to support more robust metrics
collection, we might want to have authorities also provide mirrors of
other authorities' documents.

Thanks,
Iain.