[tor-dev] Tor browser for Chrome OS

Matthew Finkel matthew.finkel at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 18:37:13 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 11:02:53AM -0700, Keifer Bly wrote:
> Hello,
>
> So I am wondering, are there plans to develop a version of tor browser that
> will run on Chromebooks? I though that might be a good idea as those are
> getting somewhat popular in the US. Thanks.

Yes! And, not only are they popular in the US but they are gaining
traction globally in primary/secondary education institutions. Most
likely there are two avenues for achieving this.

1) Tor Browser for Android will be available from the Play Store, and
that will support ChromeOS. This will likely be the easiest and
most-supported way for using Tor Browser.

2) Linux on Chromebooks may provide the ability for running Tor Browser
for GNU/Linux. I don't know anyone who's done or tried this, but it may
be worth investigating.

https://blog.google/products/chromebooks/linux-on-chromebooks/