[tor-dev] Tor port restriction option was removed

nusenu nusenu-lists at riseup.net
Thu Jul 5 10:06:00 UTC 2018

Roger Dingledine:
> It looks like around 844 Guard relays are listening on port 443 right now,
> out of the 1858 available Guard relays.

guard probability for all guards having ORPort on 80 or 443:
45.99%

guard probability per ORPort:

+---------+-------------------+
| or_port | guard_probability |
+---------+-------------------+
|     443 |              44.4 |
|    9001 |              39.1 |
|      80 |               1.5 |
|    9002 |               1.3 |
|    8080 |               1.1 |
|    8443 |               0.9 |
+---------+-------------------+

(onionoo data as per 2018-07-05 07:00 UTC)

> (*) Actually, before Tor starts attempting to reach Guards, it first
> needs to bootstrap the consensus document from either the directory
> authorities or the fallback directory servers -- but they have a pretty
> similar distribution of ports they listen on.

unfortunately onionoo does not have fallbackdir data, so I can't
provide the same table as above for fallbacks without
creating it myself first

--
https://twitter.com/nusenu_
https://mastodon.social/@nusenu