[tor-dev] Tor port restriction option was removed

Jonathan Marquardt mail at parckwart.de
Wed Jul 4 12:01:30 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jul 04, 2018 at 03:52:10AM -0700, Keifer Bly wrote:
> Yes, but for me the option only appears when the tor browser is already
> successfully connected and I can click on the “tor network settings”. It
> does not appear in the “configure” option when first starting tor browser.
> And for that matter the configure option only seems to appear the first time
> tor browser is run and impossible to access anytime after on newest tor
> browser.
>

> In short the “tor network settings” option seems impossible to access as it
> only appears when the tor browser is successfully running which is
> problematic for users attempting to configure blocked ports or bridges right
> off the bat.

That's not true. You can access these settings by clicking the "Cancel" button
when Tor is establishing the connection. Although, I admit, a seperate button
that says "Configure" there could really be benefitial to avoid confusion.
--
OpenPGP Key: 47BC7DE83D462E8BED18AA861224DBD299A4F5F3
             https://www.parckwart.de/pgp_key