[tor-dev] stem support for v3 ephemeral onion services

David Goulet dgoulet at torproject.org
Thu Jan 25 13:10:00 UTC 2018

On 25 Jan (06:50:30), teor wrote:

> > On 25 Jan 2018, at 05:14, Micah Lee <micah at micahflee.com> wrote:
> >
> > Now that Tor Browser 7.5 is released and includes the tor 0.3.2 series,
> > which supports next generation onion services, I would love to make
> > OnionShare use these by default. Here is the issue [1].
> >
> > OnionShare is written in python3 and relies on stem to communicate with
> > the Tor controller. Although tor now supports v3 ephemeral onion
> > services, stem still doesn't. Just take make sure, here's a quick test,
> > with Tor Browser 7.5 (providing tor 0.3.2.9) open in the background, and
> > using stem 1.6.0:
>
> Here is the current status of v3 onion control port support:
>
> This proposal is listed as "Finished":
> https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git/tree/proposals/284-hsv3-control-port.txt
>
> And the code was merged into 0.3.3 (not 0.3.2):
>
> Stem typically tracks Tor's control spec.
> But the changed commands have not been integrated into control-spec.txt:

This one is on me and I apologize... I haven't took the time to make a proper
control-spec.txt patch from the prop#284.

I'll put this on my priority list so when 0.3.3 goes stable (~ April 15th),
we'll have a up to date control spec for Stem to work with.

Cheers!
David

--
6Swl3Ho3WPfuToRBmU/VqJyeGkbf9yd3uucj/BJVoKk=