[tor-dev] [tor-relays] Marker branch for current tor release(s)

Andreas Krey a.krey at gmx.de
Fri Jan 12 21:07:27 UTC 2018

(Earlier reply has somehow vanished...)

On Mon, 08 Jan 2018 00:49:16 +0000, teor wrote:
> When there are multiple supported tor versions, which one should be stable?
> At the moment, we support 0.2.5 and 0.2.9 as long-term support, and 0.3.0 and
> 0.3.1 as regular releases.

The newest/highest, probably. Essentially the one also
proclaimed as stable on the source download page.

> Should stable be 0.3.1 (and change to 0.3.2 next week)?

Yes.

> Do you want a long-term support branch as well?

No. I just need one version to build a relay.

> If you want something that's easier to scrape, and signed, check for
> new source releases at:

Scraping would be a fallback.

> $ curl http://197.231.221.211:9030/tor/status-vote/current/consensus-microdesc | grep server-versions | tr "," "\n" | tail -1
> 0.3.2.8-rc

Basically current would be the highest non-rc on the list,
and alpha would be the -rc (or current if no -rc present).

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@*.org>