[tor-dev] Tor dev help

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 12:17:18 UTC 2018

> On 10 Jan 2018, at 22:22, Beastr0 <beastr0 at protonmail.com> wrote:
>
> T,
>
> I'm interested in helping you guys with Tor development. I don't really care what I work on, except I do not support .onion websites (though I am willing to be convinced otherwise) so I would prefer not to participate directly in their development.

That's fine. People are free to work on what they like.
Convincing people to support Tor features is not a topic for this list :-)

> I have plenty of experience with writing code for networks and for various calculations, as well a few programs for file handling. Yeah, I'm familiar with git, I've used it before on several projects. I think for now I'm going to stick with Tor networking, for the time being.

Sounds great!
Are there any particular parts of Tor you want to help improve?
(Clients, Relays, Exits? IPv6?)

Do you want a suggestion?

I am working on making it easier for external libraries to use Tor's
hard-coded directory lists:

The next task is to split the directory authority list into its own file:

And then after that, we want to generate the lists in a standard format.
This would be a good way to learn how Tor contacts the network when it
starts up.

> I've already got Tor up and running in a vm on my machine. Should I also try to contact dgoulet (assigned to bug triage for the week) as well as taking look at those tickets?

dgoulet is on this list.

(We do almost all our development in public. Contacting people
directly means that only one person can help you.)

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n