[tor-dev] Tor dev help

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 01:15:25 UTC 2018

> On 10 Jan 2018, at 11:38, Beastr0 <beastr0 at protonmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hey guys,
>
> For the time being I would prefer to not have my real name attached to Tor so I hope you don't mind if I introduce myself as Beastro.
>
> I love Tor and its mission. I was wondering if you guys had any projects that I could help out with? I can write code in python, java, C and also have plenty of experience with plenty other languages. As a student, I don't have a ton of time, so I can only spend maybe an hour or two a day helping out. Let me know if there's anything I can do!

Hi,

Take a look at our list of volunteer projects:

https://www.torproject.org/getinvolved/volunteer.html.en

What are you interested in?
What types of programs do you usually write?
(Network, file handling, calculation?)
Do you know how to use git?

If you're specifically interested in Core Tor (the network daemon), get
started by cloning and compiling Tor:

git clone https://git.torproject.org/tor.git

Follow the install instructions at:
tor/INSTALL

And run:
make check

If everything passes, you're all set up to make changes to tor.
Find a ticket, make some changes, and submit them as a patch or a branch.

Look for tickets marked "easy" or "intro" on:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/report/30

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n