[tor-dev] Stem ORPort protocol support

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 21:52:48 UTC 2018

> On 8 Feb 2018, at 07:23, Damian Johnson <atagar at torproject.org> wrote:
>
> Hi all. Over the last few months Tim and I have been collaborating on
> Python support for the ORPort protocol. With it you can download
> descriptors without a DirPort, and possibly fancier things in the
> future like full circuit construction.

Stem's ORPort support is great news!

We have been looking at alternate Tor implementations that are
easier to hack for testing:

> Tim put together a wonderful proof of concept called Endosome...
>
>  https://github.com/teor2345/endosome
>
> ... and I just finished integrating it into Stem...
>
>  https://gitweb.torproject.org/stem.git/tree/stem/client/__init__.py

I have added both Endosome and Stem to the Tor implementations wiki:

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/ListOfTorImplementations

Looking forward to trying out the ORPort features when the descriptor
download API is stable. It will be great to be able to check Fallback
Directory Mirror ORPorts:

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n