[tor-dev] Starting with contributing to Anonymous Local Count Statistics.

Iain Learmonth irl at torproject.org
Sat Feb 3 10:49:25 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 02/02/18 12:08, Jaskaran Singh wrote:
> Also, the Metrics team has(?) to come up with a proposal on this IIRC.
> Until then it would not be considered a valid project?

Considered a valid project by whom?

Metrics is currently very busy and may not have time to assist with the
project, but it doesn't mean that the work shouldn't be done or that it
isn't "valid".

It's more important that the project is safe than that Metrics has put
time into it. If the work shows promise then maybe that would be a
reason for Metrics to reprioritise it later.

Until an analysis of the safety is done (which may have already happened
from the design, I've not followed this) just use a test network for the
development. In this way, you can only be attacking yourself.

Thanks,
Iain.