[tor-dev] Starting with contributing to Anonymous Local Count Statistics.

Jaskaran Singh jvsg1303 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 12:08:25 UTC 2018

Hi,

Oops. I meant "counting unique users just like we do with directory
fetches". The argument given was that most users are already behind NAT and
hence counting unique IP addrs would not be accurate anyway. It was
suggested that we count per connection country statistics (that is, total
number of connections coming from a country) and divide that by average
number of connections a user makes, to arrive at estimated number of unique
users. I cannot find where I got to know this. Maybe on IRC, but I don't
have logs of an year ago.

Also, the Metrics team has(?) to come up with a proposal on this IIRC.
Until then it would not be considered a valid project?

Karsten would have something to say on this.

cc: karsten