[tor-dev] [release] Onionoo 7.0 will be released after September 3, 2018

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Thu Aug 9 07:28:06 UTC 2018

Hello tor-dev@,

yesterday we announced Onionoo protocol version 6.2 that we released a
few days before on August 3, 2018.

One month later, after September 3, 2018, we're going to release Onionoo
protocol version 7.0 which will make a couple backward-incompatible changes:

 - extend the "version" parameter to support lists and ranges,
 - remove redundant "1_week" and "1_month" graphs from clients documents,
 - change "3_months" graphs to "6_months" graphs in all documents
containing history objects,
 - remove the "fingerprint" parameter, and
 - remove the previously deprecated "as_number" field from details
documents.

You can find more details on the Onionoo protocol page:

https://metrics.torproject.org/onionoo.html

If you're using any of these fields or parameters, be sure to either
update your Onionoo client to support the new protocol version, or
pester your Onionoo client developer to do that for you.

On behalf of the Tor metrics team,
Karsten