[tor-dev] TBB + Privoxy

Mark Smith mcs at pearlcrescent.com
Mon Apr 30 15:42:56 UTC 2018

On 4/29/18 10:15 AM, procmem wrote:
> Hi. We are trying to get Tor Browser to work with privoxy to allow users
> to optionally connect to other networks including I2P, Zeronet...
>
> Here's what we tried:
>
> * Disabling network.proxy.no_proxies_on
>
> * Setting network.proxy.http_port to 8118 (privoxy’s port number)
> network.proxy.http 127.0.0.1
> network.proxy.http_port 8118
> network.proxy.ssl 127.0.0.1
> network.proxy.ssl_port 8118
>
> * We know a transition to unix sockets for localhost comms is planned
> but not currently enforced. We have workarounds for that.
>
> Can someone please tell me what's missing?
>
> NB This is a separate copy of Tor Browser to prevent fingerprinting
> problems with normal surfing in general.

What error or incorrect behavior are you experiencing?

Do your preference changes seem to remain in effect? That is, are they
correct if you check them via about:config after your special Tor
Browser is up and running?

Have you disabled Tor Launcher? During browser startup, Torbutton asks
Tor Launcher which proxy settings to use and resets many of the
preferences you mentioned.

--
Mark Smith
Pearl Crescent