[tor-dev] Is there strictly a one-to-one BW scanner to BW auth relationship?

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Mon Apr 2 03:45:28 UTC 2018

On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 08:50:18AM -0400, Rob Jansen wrote:
> I was concerned because bastet and moria1 both stopped voting anything
>for each of two of my >2 year old relays during distinct time intervals
>yesterday. I mean there were missing votes, rather than votes of no or
>low bandwidth.

I've filed a ticket for what I think is the root cause:

https://trac.torproject.org/25685

There is indeed a bandaid in place so that relays generally recover from
this situation, but hopefully we can do even better.

See also
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2018-March/014764.html
for where a similar thing happened to another relay operator.

--Roger