[tor-dev] PrivCount - Draft of secret-sharing specification

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 05:53:07 UTC 2017

> On 25 Sep 2017, at 17:26, Carolin Zöbelein <contact at carolin-zoebelein.de> wrote:
>
> Hi (PrivCount) folks!
>
> I just finished the first draft of the k,n-secret-sharing thing for PrivCount. :)
>
> Sorry that it need some time, but I'm sadly a bit slowly with reading and writing.
>
> You can find it here at github:
>
> https://github.com/Samdney/28X-k-of-n-secret-sharing
>
> and also below in this email.
>
> You will see a lot of "=> TODO". This belongs of course not to the specification ;).
> There are still a lot of open details and questions left (or stuff which still have
> to be written, I think) and hence it is time for some help from you, now.
>
> I looked a bit around how a specification has to look like,
> before I started to write it, but this was more confusing like helpful, hehe.
>
> I'm a completely newbie with writing this kind of documents,
> hence I'm pretty nervous for your feedback :)

Hi,

This looks like a great overview of the Shamir secret-sharing protocol.

We talked about instantiating it with unsigned 64-bit integers on IRC.
It would be easier for me to understand it (and for someone to code it).

This would also help us define an interchange format, or modify the
prop 280 interchange format to support secret sharing.

For hints about how this works, look at proposal 280, which also uses
unsigned 64 bit integers.

Tim

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com