[tor-dev] metrics: collecting circuit build failures from relays to detect network reachability issues and broken relays

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 22:48:52 UTC 2017

> On 19 Oct 2017, at 00:04, Ian Goldberg <iang at cs.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
>
> Are there plans to implement PeerFlow in Tor?

As far as I am aware, we are planning on:
* stabilising the current system
* working out how to test changes
* specifying what a good bandwidth allocation system has to do
* incrementally replacing old scanners with suitable alternatives

I'd expect that dawuud's bwscanner, isis' bridge bandwidth scanner,
and PeerFlow are all contenders. But I'm not aware of any follow-up
research or implementation on PeerFlow.

> Connectivity information
> like this would be an automatic byproduct.

Connectivity information is an automatic byproduct of the current
bandwidth scanners (TorFlow), and any future replacements.