[tor-dev] GET request to a regular website using Tor and nodejs

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 20:40:22 UTC 2017

> On 17 Oct 2017, at 15:39, Fernando Gabrieli <fgabrieli at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello all, i want to tunnel a http request from my nodejs app through Tor, would you point me in the right direction to start implementing this?

1. Install tor
2. Configure tor as a SOCKS or HTTP Tunnel proxy using SocksPort or
    HTTPTunnelPort (0.3.2 and later?)
3. Run tor
4. Configure your application to use tor as a proxy through the port you
    configured in step 2
5. Check that the remote site isn't using a CDN that blocks tor, and be
    prepared for response delays and failures

See the latest man page here:
https://github.com/torproject/tor/blob/master/doc/tor.1.txt