[tor-dev] onionoo.tpo hardly reachable

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Tue May 23 13:25:17 UTC 2017

On 22.05.17 23:11, nusenu wrote:
>>> Patrick O'Doherty:
>>>
>>> Since the previous mirror is gone and onionoo.tpo is still struggling
>>> an onionoo(+atlas) mirror is certainly helpful from my point of view.
>>>

>> Great. I'll aim to do this in the next day or two and report back to the
>> list when we have a functioning mirror to share.
>
> great to hear that onionoo gets a mirror
>  (it might take a bit longer than a day since the initial onionoo import
> of all these CollecTor archives will take its time)

Hi all,

we're working on resolving the load issues of the main server and its
two caching frontends, which really get hammered since last week for no
obvious reason.  I hope that we'll have that resolved in the next couple
of days.  No data will be lost during this time, the service is just
hard to reach these days.

But if people want to set up mirrors in the meantime to work around the
current issues, please feel free to do that.  Though I have to admit
that we can't provide much support for that.  Sorry!

All the best,
Karsten