[tor-dev] man page: MyFamily

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Thu May 11 02:16:01 UTC 2017

> On 11 May 2017, at 07:30, nusenu <nusenu-lists at riseup.net> wrote:

> inline patch below (I can paste it to trac if you like)

Trac please, emails are easy to lose track of.

And we prefer branches if possible:

https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor.git/tree/doc/HACKING/CodingStandards.md#n13

> On 11 May 2017, at 07:54, nusenu <nusenu-lists at riseup.net> wrote:
>
> nusenu:
>> no one is using nicknames anymore, or onionoo does not display
>> fingerprints?) Are nicknames still supported?

Nicknames are supported, but deprecated, as multiple relays can have
the same nickname.

> correction, I found some nicknames in onionoo's alleged_family field of
> the following relays, so they use it, but didn't find any in
> effective_family. So it should be fine to use 'fingerprint' only in the
> documentation?

That's ok, there's no need to mention a deprecated, insecure feature.

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n
xmpp: teor at torproject dot org