[tor-dev] Comments on proposal 279 (Name API)
pickfire at riseup.net
Thu Mar 30 17:49:24 UTC 2017
Hi, I would like to do some addition as well.
Section 2.3. System configuration [TORRC]
- Do we really need a priority list?
- Should we just make a priority based on the ordering?
Section 2.3.1. Tor name resolution logic
- Should tor check the <tld> based on regex?
- How should it reponds when <tld> is .a.b?
- Can it accept '*' (without dot) or '.on*' as <tld>?
And about the caching part? Should it be in the spec?
In reply to nickm:
- Maybe we can considering using sockets instead of TCP?
More information about the tor-dev