[tor-dev] Pluggable Transports 2.0, draft 1 Specification

Yawning Angel yawning at schwanenlied.me
Tue Mar 28 06:36:22 UTC 2017

On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 04:03:47 -0500
Brandon Wiley <brandon at blanu.net> wrote:
> I am familiar with the dual stack problem generally, where servers
> have both IPv4 and IPv6 IP addresses. I was not involved in any
> conversations regarding the dual stack problem for Pluggable
> Transports specifically. If you could point me to any documentation
> on this issue, that would be helpful. Alternatively, if you could
> explain what the issue is and what possible solutions you'd like to
> see in a future Pluggable Transports specification, that is something
> we could make happen in future specifications revisions.

None of the things I've mentioned are new concerns, and I brought all
of them up (and more) a long time ago back when I was giving thought
to the PT spec.

I've basically given up at this point, and to be honest I gave up
shortly after I initially started making noises about improving the
spec because it was clear that while I was trying to improve the
existing interface while preserving the overall architecture, everyone
else was far more interested in "lets make everything into a bunch of
library code".

https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2015-September/009432.html

Regards,

--