[tor-dev] The behavior of ClientRejectInternalAddresses

Jesse V kernelcorn at torproject.org
Sun Mar 26 19:06:00 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

I would like some clarification on ClientRejectInternalAddresses. The
manual says:
> "If true, Tor does not try to fulfill requests to connect to an
internal address (like 127.0.0.1 or 192.168.0.1) unless a exit node is
specifically requested (for example, via a .exit hostname, or a
controller request). (Default: 1)

In other words, if I disable this flag and I open 127.0.0.1:8080 in the
Tor Browser, will the browser or the tor binary attempt to connect to
the client's 127.0.0.1:8080? This is essentially what I'm after, and I
just want to confirm that ClientRejectInternalAddresses is the best
approach, or if there is a better setting. Just to clarify, I want to
connect the client's localhost and not an exit's.

--
Jesse