[tor-dev] GSoC 17 | Name System API for Tor Onion Services

Pickfire pickfire at riseup.net
Tue Mar 21 14:54:53 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am Ivan Tham. Currently studying in Computer Science in APIIT Malaysia. I am
interested particapate in Google Summer of Code 2017 under tor organization. I
am interested to see Proposal 224 coming along but I would really like to see
[Proposal 272][0] and hope that tor hidden services can be more user-friendly.

What do you think of the projects? Is the proposal too immature? I had looked
into [OnioNS][1] as well and like the idea of having different types of DNS
records for tor hidden services, how does it integrate with [Proposal 272][0]?

[0]: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2016-October/011524.html
[1]: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2015-May/008826.html