[tor-dev] Flashproxy has been Deactivated by Stanford? Why?

David Fifield david at bamsoftware.com
Sun Mar 12 07:44:18 UTC 2017

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 09:53:25AM -0800, David Fifield wrote:
> The badge was deactivated by Stanford (without my knowledge, but I found
> out a while ago). I arranged with them to move it to alternate hosting
> and have them install a redirect, but that has been a low priority
> behind other work on Snowflake.
>
> I'm sorry about the confusion. If I get some time I'll add a notice to
> the flash proxy main page saying that it's been retired.

I've set up separate hosting for the flash proxy badge files at
https://flashproxy.bamsoftware.com/, and added redirects from the
https://crypto.stanford.edu/flashproxy/ URLs to there. Already deployed
badges should continue to work, given the redirects. I added a note to
the top of the home page saying that flash proxy is deprecated.