[tor-dev] Flag blocked websites

David Fifield david at bamsoftware.com
Fri Mar 10 22:49:14 UTC 2017

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 03:46:03PM -0500, Boter42 wrote:
> I'm also trying to implement an automatic scan of specific lists of websites to
> check their behaviour towards Tor. I'm using ooniprobe but I lack some
> technical skills (mainly to filter out false positives), I'll see if I can set
> up a team.

You might be able to use/adapt some code we wrote to mine OONI reports
for cases of Tor blocking:

http://sec.cs.ucl.ac.uk/users/smurdoch/papers/ndss16doyousee.pdf
https://archive.org/details/ndss16doyousee

The actual OONI-processing code is in a Git repo at:
https://www.bamsoftware.com/git/ooni-tor-blocks.git

One catch, though, is that you'll have to adapt the ooni.py file to
handle OONI's web_connectivity tests. The code was originally written
before web_connectivity existed, so it only works with the http_requests
test.

If you want to run your own active tests, we have some patches on top of
exitmap:
git clone -b l7_tor_limits https://www.bamsoftware.com/git/exitmap.git
But you will need to do some work to bring them up to date.