[tor-dev] [GSoC17] Ahmia status update #1

Pushkar Pathak pushkarpathak21 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 05:39:26 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

This is the first status update of my work an ahmia.fi.

I spent the first week of 'coding period' working on a couple of things.

## Automating blacklisting of onions containing child abuse content.
     I implemented an automation process which runs once a week and crawls
onions having child abuse content from uncensored wiki and bans it from the
search results [1].

## I have been working on the Add page to save added onions on a database
and update the elasticsearch servers on a daily basis [2].

During the next two weeks I plan to complete the work left on Add page and
replace Polipo with Torsocks5 proxy in ahmia-crawler.

That's it for this week,
Have a nice day.

Pushkar Pathak

[1] https://github.com/ahmia/ahmia-index/pull/3