[tor-dev] [RFC] Proposal for the encoding of prop224 onion addresses

Ivan Markin twim at riseup.net
Tue Jan 31 14:26:52 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 02:54:50PM +0200, George Kadianakis wrote:
> I merged my prop224 onion encoding patch to torspec just now, after
> fixing the bug that Ivan mentioned above.

Thanks!

btw it's not clear how H() output should be truncated to form a
checksum. Should it be the first 2 bytes or the last 2 bytes?
It should be specified in the definition of CHECKSUM (because length of
digest obviously is not 2 bytes):

- CHECKSUM = H(".onion checksum" || PUBKEY || VERSION)
+ CHECKSUM = H(".onion checksum" || PUBKEY || VERSION)[:2]

Also it worthwhile to include examples with correct checksums.

--
Ivan Markin