[tor-dev] [RFC] Directory structure of prop224 onion services

meejah meejah at meejah.ca
Tue Jan 31 00:09:09 UTC 2017

David Goulet <dgoulet at ev0ke.net> writes:

> I don't believe we should suffix here because for almost 10 years, users/apps
> have been exposed to "hostname" and it does make sense that it's the goto file
> for that.

I'm +1 on keeping the filename as "hostname".

txtorcon doesn't do processing on it, per se.

Might be worth noting here that it's not always "a" hostname: if you
have an authenticated hidden-service, it is multiple lines. In "basic"
auth case, each line starts with the same .onion address -- in "stealth"
case, each line has its own .onion address.

cheers,

--
meejah