[tor-dev] ExitPortStatistics interpretation

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Mon Jan 30 10:48:28 UTC 2017

On 29/01/17 17:54, nusenu wrote:

> Karsten Loesing:
>>> Oh thanks, so it is not possible to find out which is the most frequent
>>> exit port by number of streams opened, that's a pity.
>> Well, that one is easy: port 80. :)
>
> Ok, maybe I should have said that differently:
>
> "so it is not possible to find out which are the top 10 (or N) exit
> ports by number of streams opened"
>
> (but we can determine the most frequent exit port if other is lower than
> the biggest value provided)

You're right that we cannot reliably determine the top 10 exit ports by
number of streams opened.

The idea was to pick the same 10 ports for all three metrics (read
bytes, written bytes, opened streams) rather than the top 10 ports for
each statistic.  This allows comparisons of all three metrics for a
given port.

All the best,
Karsten