[tor-dev] ./configure in 0.2.9.9 is ~broken?

Zack Weinberg zackw at panix.com
Thu Jan 26 20:10:01 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 2:36 PM, loki der quaeler <quaeler at gmail.com> wrote:

> Attached is a .tar.gz which has the config.log from the 0.2.8.12 configure and one from the 0.2.9.9 configure.

Thanks.

Both configure scripts failed to find libevent headers
(event2/event.h, event2/dns.h, event2/bufferevent.h) -- but that
wasn't a hard error in 0.2.8.x and it is in 0.2.9.x.  I believe this
means the libevent on your system is too old, going by this entry in
the changelog:

  o New system requirements:
    - Tor now requires Libevent version 2.0.10-stable or later. Older
      versions of Libevent have less efficient backends for several
      platforms, and lack the DNS code that we use for our server-side
      DNS support. This implements ticket 19554.

zw