[tor-dev] log: ORPort/DirPort address does not match descriptor address

Kevin Beranek kevin at kberanek.com
Tue Jan 24 01:42:18 UTC 2017

I can answer your questions because I'm the one that filed the issue
previously referenced by nusenu.

> What are the exact torrc lines?

One relay where I see these log messages has a public address of
51.15.48.254 while the relevant torrc lines are as follows:

ORPort 10.8.169.135:443
ORPort [2001:bc8:4700:2300::25:c07]:443
DirPort 10.8.169.135:80
OutboundBindAddress 10.8.169.135

> I don't think this warning should be triggered in the setup you
> describe, but I'll need to re-read the code to check.

I'm not sure of the exact network setup because it's not something I
have much visibility into, but the affected relays have a single
private IPv4 address and a single public IPv4 address and seem to
behave like a 1:1 NAT as far as I can tell.