[tor-dev] txtorcon support for Twisted 12, 13, 14

meejah meejah at meejah.ca
Fri Jan 20 02:01:44 UTC 2017

isis agora lovecruft <isis at torproject.org> writes:
> meejah transcribed 1.0K bytes:

>> Feedback requested if this will negatively affect you!

> For whatever it's worth, all of Tor's infrastructure runs on Debian
> stable, and I'm not sure if weasel would make exceptions to enable
> backports.

Makes sense.

So this would mean that no tor-infrastucuture stuff could depend on
lastest txtorcon until after Stretch is released (but that's next month,
right?)

Does this affect OONI? They definitely depend on Debian-packaged
txtorcon...but they only depend on txtorcon 0.7.0+ according to github
(paging hellais!)

What will be added next release is: dropping txsocksx for a custom SOCKS
implementation (gaining RESOLVE and RESOLVE_PTR via Tor support) and
[actualy, full] Python3 support (txsocksx will not support Python3)...so
I don't think anyone with existing, deployed code should *need* to
upgrade.

If there was a security fix or bug-fix required for an older release, I
would have no problem releasing e.g. a txtorcon 0.14.x or whatever was
needed to support Debian stable or old-stable.

--
meejah