[tor-dev] archive.is and archive.fo are using CloudFlare. Is the TorBrowser add-on cfc useless now?

Christian Pietsch christian.pietsch at digitalcourage.de
Wed Jan 18 11:15:05 UTC 2017

Hi Yawning,
hi all,

sorry if this is old news, but I just noticed that archive.is not only
redirects me to archive.fo (which I noticed before), but archive.fo
now greets me with a CloudFlare captcha.

Considering that cfc was created in order to evade the CloudFlare
captcha, this is quite a disappointment. Is cfc useless now? Can it be
fixed?

David F suggested using Memento which I think is an interesting idea,
having participated in one of their hackathons. One caveat: Memento
would point to to various archives not all of which might be suitable.

What is the reason why archive.org is not used? I hear they are almost
done setting up an onion service for the Internet Archive.

Cheers,
C:

--
Christian Pietsch, volunteering for Digitalcourage e.V., Bielefeld, Germany
Nominations sought for the German Big Brother Awards: https://bigbrotherawards.de