[tor-dev] non-anonymous ephemeral onion services with stem

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 23:04:06 UTC 2017

> On 10 Jan 2017, at 09:17, teor <teor2345 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Single Onion Services leak the service IP address to at least:
> * 6 HSDirs,
>
> They also link the IP and onion address at:
> * 6 HSDirs.
>
> (For next-generation hidden services, the situation is slightly better:
>
> The IP leaks are the same, but the IP and onion address can only be
> linked if the HSDirs already know the onion address.)

I'm sorry, I got the HSDir part of this wrong.
Single Onion Services build a 3-hop path to HSDirs, to avoid selective
denial of service by HSDirs.

The connections to Intro and Rend points are one-hop, and the single
onion service IP is available to them.

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n