[tor-dev] GSOC 2017

Mikerah N/A mikerah14 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 21:05:12 UTC 2017

Hi all,

My name is Mikerah and I would love to work for the Tor Project during the
summer through Google Summer of Code.

The main project that I am considering contributing to is the Ahmia search
engine for Tor hidden services. I would like to contribute to automating
backlisting, improving language detection and adding a query language. This
is simply a really rough idea of what I want to do.

My main programming language is Python but I do have some experience
writing code in Java, C/C++ and R. I have also built a few web applications
using django that can be seen here: https://github.com/Mikerah.

I would like to discuss more about what I would possibly be doing with the
likely mentors Juha Nurmi and George. Thanks.