[tor-dev] trac.tpo issues

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Sun Dec 24 18:06:26 UTC 2017

On Sun, Dec 24, 2017 at 11:15:00AM +0000, nusenu wrote:
> Hi,
> in the last few days trac says occasionally "Service Unavailable" and right now trac times out.
>
> Since we are currently (attempting to) work on a wiki page, this is somewhat
> blocking our edits.
>
> Has trac some known issue?
>
> I'm looking forward to a reachable and stable trac :)

Yes, this isn't just you. We think the issue is that Internet search
engines, etc are crawling it, and some of the questions you can ask to
trac take a lot of computation to answer. So it is constantly being bombed
with complex questions, leading it to be bad at answering every request.

Surely there is some sort of trac plugin to defend against pieces of
this issue, but we haven't yet found one that works well.

--Roger