[tor-dev] Rust rewrite help

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 02:14:19 UTC 2017

> On 24 Dec 2017, at 12:55, Ivan Mandura <ivan.mandura93 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks, successfully done it!
>
> Will start reading docs. If somebody has something simple to start with please send it my way.

If you want to modify existing code, this one looks easy:

Wrap types in protover.rs

If you like FFI from Rust to C, here are some options:

Wrap our sha2 interface in Rust which implements the appropriate traits

Wrap our PRNG interface(s) in Rust with appropriate traits

If you like testing, and FFI from C to Rust, and want to get involved
with our C-based unit tests - try these after your first patch?

Test all rust functions' behavior when called from C with bad UTF8

consdiff implementation in Rust
(Most people's repositories are on git.torproject.org.)

And here are all the Rust tickets:

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=merge_ready&status=needs_information&status=needs_review&status=needs_revision&status=new&status=reopened&keywords=~rust&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=component&order=priority

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n
xmpp: teor at torproject dot org