[tor-dev] path selection constraints: /16 subnet rule when using bridges

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 16:23:00 UTC 2017

> On 20 Dec 2017, at 03:10, nusenu <nusenu-lists at riseup.net> wrote:
>
> does the following also apply if a Tor users chooses to use a bridge?
>
>>     - We do not choose more than one router in a given /16 subnet
> [1]
>
> Will tor ensure that the relays are not in the same /16 netblock with the bridge?

Yes, as each node is added to the path, its IPv4 address is checked
against the IPv4 /16 netblocks of the existing nodes in the path.
This includes relays and bridges.

There is no support for checking IPv6 addresses yet:
But when there is, we will check IPv6 /32s, for those nodes that have IPv6
addresses.