[tor-dev] Tor 0.3.1 ticket triage: please do this today if you hack on Tor.

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 01:44:12 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I won't be working on Tor code for the next month or so.
I need to finish some code and deploy and run a counting round.

Can someone else (dgoulet?) please pick up:

can't migrate onion services to single-hop onion services

We need to fix it so people can migrate their hidden service keys to
single onion services.

> On 25 Apr 2017, at 03:29, Nick Mathewson <nickm at freehaven.net> wrote:
>
> Hi!  We've got 3 weeks left in the 0.3.1 merge window (which closes on
> May 15) so let's try to triage the tickets.  Here's what to do if you
> are going to develop anything for Tor 0.3.1:
>
>   -  Make sure that everything you are going to do for  031 is
> assigned to you, in the 0.3.1 milestone, and has a points estimate.
> ("Points" is a rough "how many days will this take me?" guess.)

I need to do this for PrivCount (my day job), so our client counts
are right:

The channel is_client flag is inaccurate

>  - If there is anything assigned to you for 031 that you _won't_ be
> doing for May 15, or that you won't be doing at all, please unassign
> it and/or defer it from the 031-milestone.

Done!

> Then, in 24 hours or so, for all the tickets that don't get an owner,
> I will either defer them or mark them "too important to defer" and
> look for somebody else to do them.  Let's see how this works!

I would love it if someone else would fix:

Hidden service introduction point retries occur at 1 second intervals

And revise:

Intro points can get stuck in CIRCUIT_PURPOSE_S_ESTABLISH_INTRO

But hidden services will survive if they don't get done in 0.3.1.
Please assign them to me if you defer to 0.3.2.

I missed the recent patch parties due to illness, timezones and other
meetings. I'll be back next week.

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n