[tor-dev] Mailing List Etiquette Reminder
grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 20:00:34 UTC 2017
New members are very welcome and valued whether
through gradual accretion or project influx such as GSOC's.
In order to ensure messaging efficiency and clarity...
- Reply *below* what others have written. Do not "top post".
- Trim out and *delete* irrelavant portions of what others
have written, so to clearly include only that part of which
you are replying to. Do not "bulk quote" chains of replies.
- *Interleave* your replies within the physical lines others
have written so that what specific part you are replying
to is clear. "Reply in context."
- Use "text/plain UTF-8" encoding, disable all "HTML" when sending.
- Wrap message lines at roughly 68-72 characters long.
- Be aware of how changing subject line, and reply-to
and references headers can break threading, and use it
For more info you can search "mailing list etiquette"
on any search engine.
More information about the tor-dev