[tor-dev] Anonymous Local Count Statistics Using PCSA - GSoC

samir menon menon.samir at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 18:48:22 UTC 2017

Aaron,

I think Jaskaran explained it well - basically, we compute statistics
other than requests per country, and one of those stats is unique
clients, which we can use PCSA for. The
`format_client_stats_heartbeat` function in `/src/or/geoip.c` is where
we actually compute the unique clients and log that in the heartbeat
message.

I think perhaps my proposal doesn't make clear that this PCSA change
is in addition to other methods of getting IP's out of memory - I will
try to update it to emphasize this. I also will do more research on
the 'fuzzing' of country counts, and I will definitely contact Karsten
Loesing.

Thanks,
~Samir Menon